TrustsFormal Administration

Formal Administration is for estates where the value of the estate is greater than $75,000 or where the value of the estate is less than $75,000 and there are creditors of the estate. In determining whether the estate is greater than or less than $75,000, you do not include property that is exempt from the claims of creditors, such as exempt homestead real property. In a formal administration, a Personal Representative is appointed and he or she must publish a Notice to Creditors and forward a copy of the Notice to Creditors to any reasonably ascertainable creditors of the estate. The Notice to Creditors gives creditors notice that they are required to file claims against the estate within a certain time period or their claims will be barred. Publication of the Notice to Creditors is not required in cases where the decedent died over two years ago.

Formal Administration is a complicated process and Florida Probate Rule 5.030(a) requires that every non-attorney personal representative (executor) be represented by an attorney admitted to practice in Florida, unless the personal representative (executor) is the sole interested party.

Here at Trader Legal, we have over thirty years of experience handling probate estates. Give us a call today at (321) 723-6731 to schedule a FREE probate consultation.


J. Rudi Trader is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator. He has practiced law as an attorney handling family law cases for over 30 years.  His extensive experience in handling family law cases makes him uniquely qualified to act as a family law mediator and help the parties get their case resolved without the expense, aggravation and uncertainty of a contested trial or hearing.  Rudi is available to mediate family lawcases prior to the case being filed with the court or after the case has already been filed.


Juvenile Dependency

Juvenile dependency actions are filed when a parent has been accused of abuse, abandonment, or neglect of a minor child. Although dependency actions can be filed by certain individuals, they are usually filed by the Department of Children and Families (DCF) of the State of Florida. If you have been accused of abusing, abandoning, or neglecting a minor child in a dependency action, call Trader Legal at (321) 723-6731 for aggressive, experienced, and competent representation.