Civil Litigation

Here at Trader Legal, our attorneys handle Circuit Civil and County Civil litigation cases.

The County Court has jurisdiction over civil actions in which the matter in controversy does not exceed the sum of $15,000.00. Claims of more than $5,000.00 but less than $15,000.00 are categorized as county civil actions.

The Circuit Court has jurisdiction over civil actions in which the matter in controversy exceeds the sum of $15,000.00, all cases in equity, actions involving the title and boundaries of real property, injunctions, and all civil matters not within the jurisdiction of the county court.

Cases filed pursuant to the Florida Rules of Summary Procedure are categorized as summary claims, formerly known as small claims.

Most landlord / tenant disputes are heard by the County Court.


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean non laoreet sem, vel hendrerit leo. Donec commodo luctus ligula, eu porttitor augue. Fusce blandit, turpis sit amet elementum consequat, neque erat interdum tortor, eu laoreet enim elit eu urna. Donec iaculis arcu lorem, molestie laoreet nulla fringilla at. Aliquam erat volutpat. Quisque dapibus sodales ultricies. Vestibulum cursus elementum semper. Learn More

Small Claims

A Small Claims case is a legal action filed in County Court to settle minor legal disputes among parties where the dollar amount involved is $5,000 or less, excluding costs, interest, and attorney’s fees. Learn More


Rudi Trader is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator. He has practiced law as an attorney handling family law cases for over thirty years. His extensive experience in handling family law cases makes him uniquely qualified to act as a family law mediator and help the parties get their case resolved without the expense, aggravation and uncertainty of a contested trial or hearing. Rudi is available to mediate family law cases prior to the case being filed with the court or after the case has already been filed.



Juvenile dependency actions are filed when a parent has been accused of abuse, abandonment, or neglect of a minor child. Although dependency actions can be filed by certain individuals, they are usually filed by the Department of Children and Families (DCF) of the State of Florida. If you have been accused of abusing, abandoning, or neglecting a minor child in a dependency action, call Trader Legal at (321) 723-6731 for aggressive, experienced, and competent representation.